This article has some simple suggestions to help your child write a book, get it self-published and market it.
Teach children to always trust their intuition. If they want to write a book encourage them to do so.
Here are a few tips to assist them to write a book.
- Write every day.
- Don’t edit. Just keep writing every day. Editing comes later.
- The first draft is never the final draft.
- Be aware of how many pages similar books have.
- Know your audience.
- Solve a problem or fill a need.
- Don’t solve the problem right away.
- Surprise your audience.
- Make the ending memorable.
- The ending may lead to a second book. (How is that for thinking big?!)
Here are a few strategies to assist in self-publishing a book.
- Research self-publishers. Contact more than one of them. Never self-publish unless the manuscript is free of spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes.
- Invest in a fabulous cover. Readers pick up the book based on the cover.
- Invest in an editor to proofread the manuscript. Readers will stop reading if there are numerous mistakes in the book. (I know I am repeating myself. This advice is important).
- Consider self-publishing in different formats. ie e-book, paperback or hardcover.
- Have a budget.
Once the book is self-published then the work begins! Marketing a book is as important as writing it. In no one knows that you’ve written a wonderful book than how can they purchase it?! Marketing takes time. It is something that you do on an ongoing basis.
Ways to market a book.
- Social media-Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin
- Book signings
- Book funnels (book funnels cost money)
- Book reviews (most cost money, sometimes you can win free reviews)
- Contests (these cost money)
- Goodreads (contests on Goodreads cost money)
Is this information helpful?
To get a free e-book copy of 9 Ways to Empower Tweens #Lifeskills please click on the link below to download a free e-book. It is my way of thanking you for taking the time to read the blog article.
Click on the link below to download a free e-book of 9 Ways to Empower Tweens #Lifeskills.