By Kathleen Boucher
Are you a student of self-help books, positive emails, seminars and the latest affirmations that are supposed to work wonders for your self-esteem?
Are you an avid follower of successful mentors who advise you on the best way to use the law of attraction? Are you looking for the missing link to achieve your goals and dreams?
To find that missing link, let’s take an inventory of what you know and what you may not. Teach this to your kids.
Here is a list of what I’ve personally read about the law of attraction over the years. Volumes of books have been written on this subject, so this list is not exhaustive!
- Your thoughts attract you to the things you think about. Monitor what you think about. Let me be crystal clear right from the start. If you want something, that doesn’t mean you can sit on your couch all day thinking positive thoughts. You must take action.
- Positive self-talk draws positive circumstances towards you, while negative self-talk attracts negative circumstances.
- Never ill-wish another person, as that wish will be reflected back on you.
- You must believe that you already have what you desire before you can acquire it.
- Being in a state of being what you desire attracts your desire faster than visualizing it alone. For example, if you want to be happy, you need to simply feel yourself in the state of being If you want to be wealthy, start with feeling wealthy right now. If circumstances make it difficult to do this, then fake it before you make it!
- The universe responds to how you feel. Feelings raise your vibration. Your vibration is what attracts your goals to you. If you fake it before making it, the universe doesn’t know the difference. It simply responds to your vibration.
- This means that you have the power to make any choice. Your circumstances don’t matter. You can make a decision to choose how you want your life to be. You have the power to infuse yourself with absolute knowledge that you will achieve your dreams. No one can stop you deciding how you want to live your life, because these are your thoughts. Remember to always take action on your goals.
- The bigger your dream, the more you should keep it to yourself. Then you won’t be held back by negative people who may try to dissuade you from doing something novel or untried.
- Working with three or more like-minded people in a mastermind group accelerates your effectiveness. If you want to read more about the power of mastermind groups, read Napoleon Hill’s book Think and Grow Rich.(1)
- Let’s summarize. Monitor your self-talk. Be careful not to wish ill on another person. Take time to feel you’ve already achieved your goal. Infuse this feeling with positive emotions of joy, elation and exuberance. Have an absolute knowledge that you will achieve your goal, regardless of external circumstances or talk. Take consistent action towards your goals.
- What is the one thing you can do to allow your goal to accelerate to you at rocket speed? You must detach from the outcome. What? I’m doing everything above, and now you tell me to detach from the outcome. Are you crazy? It’s counter-intuitive, but it does work.
- You’ve done the work. You’ve taken action. You live in a state of accomplishing your goal, knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that it’s yours. Now, allow your goal to come to you. Have absolute faith that serendipitous circumstances will lead you to achieving it. Eliminate any doubt. Detach from the outcome.
- By not resisting, and by allowing the outcome to arrive in perfect time under the best circumstances, you’ve shown faith that everything will turn out exactly as it’s supposed to.
- Do the work and hold your intention. Be open to the universe showing you the fastest, surest way to reach your goal. Detach and allow.
I wish you great success in all your endeavors!
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, copyright 2003, 2005 by JMW Group, Inc., First published in the United Kingdom in 2004 by Vermilion, First Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin edition 2005, ISBN 1-58542-433-1